Field Day will be Tuesday, June 11th!
Students should bring:
- sack lunch + snack, beach towel (We will be having a picnic style lunch outdoors. Students will not go to the cafeteria)
- outdoor toys to share (balls, jump ropes, chalk, frisbee) No electronics!
- sunscreen, hat, closed-toe shoes
Families may donate:
- bottled water
- Freeze Pops, Popsicles (please freeze before delivering to school)
- individually wrapped snack treats (we have 30 students in our class)
- Please pack extra food for your child. An active day = HUNGRY children!
- If it rains we will move the activities indoors.
- Volunteers must check in at the office at arrival. All are welcome!
- Volunteers must have completed the CPS volunteer certification process.
- Bring a chair and treats for yourself. It is a busy day!
This calendar was last updated on 2/5. Note changes in testing dates and report card distribution.
UPDATE: SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30th AND THURSDAY, JANUARY 31st
I know everyone has been watching the news for the latest weather and school closing information. I do not have any information regarding school closings at this time. Please do what is best for the safety and well-being of your family. In response to parent requests for practice assignments during absences, I am putting together a paper-packet and e-learning activity suggestions that align with our current reading and math units. I will be sending home this information in backpacks tomorrow (Tuesday 1/29) and have posted information below. Stay warm!
Click the links below to access IXL and app recommendations
Math Packet-sent home 1/29
math page 1 math page 2 math page 3 math page 4 math page 5
Reading Packet – sent home 1/29
read 1 read 2 read 3 read 4 read 5 read 6 read 7
Thank you to the Monroeville Eagles for providing a link to the first-grade Go Math! student resources. Parents can access student workbook pages (including homework) and additional enrichment resources. I know some families were disappointed to find that our previous website link became inactive last month. This new link will give everyone an opportunity to look at the workbook lesson models and print homework pages as needed. The link is provided below and will be available in the “Student Links” sidebar for quick access.
Thank you Monroeville Eagles school district and their fabulous website!
It was such a wonderful surprise to receive the very generous gift cards and other special gifts. I especially love the handmade cards and goodies. I am overwhelmed and very appreciative of your kindness. Thank you for all of your support this year & for sharing your sweet children with me! Enjoy your holidays and have a fantastic winter vacation. I look forward to seeing you all again in 2019!
Click the link below to see the Holiday Theme Week information from Disney School!
holiday theme week