- HANDS-ON HELPERS: Join us for special projects and have some fun in first grade. CAC projects are sometimes messy, sometimes glittery, and always a good time. If you like noise, paint, and glue…this job is for you!
- TEACHER’S HELPER: Do you like to work independently? Good at organizing? The first-grade teachers need helping hands to change bulletin board displays, create student materials, and assist with clerical tasks.
- PARTY HELPERS: Do you enjoy leading games and decorating for the holidays? We need fun adults to celebrate with us! Volunteers are needed to plan/host the Halloween Carnival, Winter Decorating, and Field Day.
- FIELD TRIP CHAPERONES: Our first-grade curriculum includes field experiences to extend our learning. These trips will require several responsible adults to help lead the way and keep our class safe. Volunteer request forms will be sent out about one month before the trip. In the event that we have more volunteers than are needed, I will draw names from a hat. I will make every effort to include all who are interested.
New this school year, ALL volunteers must complete the CPS online volunteer application.
Step 1: complete the online volunteer form https://chicagopublicschools.civicore.com/admin/index.php?section=application&action=new
NOTE: You are requesting to be a level 2 volunteer. A fingerprint criminal background check is not required for Level II Volunteers.
- volunteer service in their child’s school or classroom for less than 10 hours/week;
- A parent accompanying his/her child’s class on a one-day field trip or another type of extracurricular activity that does not involve an overnight stay;
Step 2: Please stop by the school to present your ID to the volunteer coordinator as soon as possible.
Step 3: Once this step has been done the school will approve you as a volunteer candidate, you will receive a separate email with instructions regarding next steps.
Step 4: To access your account and review your status, please visit the Chicago Public Schools volunteer website: https://chicagopublicschools.civicore.com
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!