Cold & Flu season has arrived here in Chicago! In an effort to prevent the spread of germs in our classroom we are continuing our regular hand washing and cleaning our desks daily. Additionally, I use Lysol spray to kill germs on frequently used classroom materials. Please help us stop the spread of contagious diseases at our school.
- Get the flu & Covid vaccines.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially before eating and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Keep your sneezes and coughs to yourself (use a tissue or your elbow instead of your hand).
- Keep your hands out of your eyes, mouth, and nose.
Notify the school nurse if your child is ill, especially if they have been diagnosed by a physician as having a communicable disease. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTIFY THE SCHOOL OF THESE CONDITIONS:
chicken pox – mumps – measles
infectious hepatitis – MRSA skin infections
Impetigo – Scabies – Lice
Strep Throat – Diagnosed Flu
Pertussis – Cough & Fever
* REMINDER: All absences require a signed note from parent/guardian upon the student’s return to the classroom. You may send a handwritten note stating name/date/reason for absence or click on the picture below to print Absence Report form.
I want to make school an exciting experience for your child, one that they will look forward to each day. I plan to incorporate activities that will enrich your child’s life and motivate them to want to come to school. It is important that your child attends school every day and I ask that you arrive on time. I have listed below highlights of our district attendance policy. For more information visit the CPS home page on the sidebar.
- ARRIVAL: Entry into CAC will begin at 7:30 am
- LATE ARRIVAL: Students arriving before 9:30 will be marked morning tardy. Students arriving after 9:30 will be marked as half-day absent.
- DISMISSAL: The 2:30 bell signals general student dismissal. Please send a note if your child will be going home with a friend for a play date. Students that are not picked up at the dismissal door will be brought to the office to wait for you. Please call the office if something unexpected has delayed your arrival. First graders become very worried when their grown-up is not on time.
- EXCUSED ABSENCE: The district has 6 types of excused absences; illness, observance of a religious holiday, death in the family, or family emergency, circumstances which cause reasonable concern for child’s safety, other situations beyond the control of the student. Your child must bring a signed note stating the date and reason for absence to be excused.
- UNEXCUSED ABSENCE: 5 unexcused absences = truant; 9 unexcused absences = at risk of not being promoted to the next grade
.Should your child not want to come to school for any reason (anything from a problem with peers to anxiety about an activity or concern about routines), please contact me and I will see how we can make the situation more comfortable for your child.