Today is World Storytelling Day!
Room 104 Reading Activities:
I can use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
- Set timer for 10 minutes. Complete pages from your language arts packet sent home 3/13.
- Set timer for 20 minutes. Read independently on RAZ-Kids. Check your assignment rocket for book & quiz of the day. Complete this first. Quiz results are sent to the teacher directly by site. If you finish early, you may visit the Reading Room rocket for a book of your choice.
- Set timer for 20 minutes. Log in to eSpark Reading. Work towards your HIgh 5 goal! Student progress sent directly to teacher from site.
- IXL Enrichment Language Arts 2nd Grade
II.2 Identify homophones
Room 104 Math Activities:
I can understand subtraction as an unknown-addend problem.
- Set timer for 15 minutes. Complete pages from your math packet sent home 3/13.
- Set timer for 20 minutes. Log in to eSpark Math. Work towards your HIgh 5 goal! Student progress sent directly to teacher from site.
- IXL Enrichment Math 2nd Grade
Room 104 Science Activity:
I can reduce plastic use to protect our planet.
10 tips to reduce your plastic use
Want to save the Earth and its oceans? Eat ice cream in a cone!
Reuse items from your recycling bin. Here are some fun ideas using cardboard tubes. What will you create?
Room 104 Speaking & Listening:
I can ask and answer questions with eye contact, a clear speaking voice, and relevant responses.
Ask 3 family members:
What is something you worry about?
Practice listening & responding to people. For example: I agree with ______ because ____. Or ask a follow-up question.
MUSIC TECHNOLOGY WITH MR. F
With a parent or by yourself practice singing some of the songs we have learned in class. Make sure you are moving while we sing. This would be a great time to show your parents some of your moves!
For students without access to Garageband
2. After you practice your singing use Brainpopjr.com to learn more about instruments. Username is waltdisneyms and the password in moby1. Click here to learn about percussion instruments. Click here to learn about woodwind instruments. Click here for a link on how to complete this activity. Please send Mr. Fahrenbach your quiz results.
For students with access to Garageband
3. If you have Garageband make a story about animals. Your story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Make sure to write down your story or draw pictures to tell the listener what is happening in your story. Please e-mail email@example.com. Here is a link where you can learn how to create this project.
Room 104 EXTRA FUN ACTIVITIES:
Sign up for a free 3 week subscription for families. I ??the math skill reviews and check out the reading skills too! The math addition and subtraction skills are a classroom favorite, the syllables, trigraphs, vowel patterns, & year-end reviews are all excellent.