Homework is an important part of your child’s school experience. It provides extra practice and review for topics taught in the classroom. Completing homework with your child will also provide an opportunity for you to see how your child is learning and what topics we are studying in the classroom. Students will have homework almost every night, sometimes in more than one subject. Good study habits are an important skill for success in school. Please support and encourage your child at home by checking their backpack every night. Homework in the red folder has been assigned by your child’s reading teacher. Assignments in the green folder will be from our homeroom subjects (social studies, science, math). Please contact me anytime a homework assignment has been too difficult for your child.
- Homework will be assigned every night – with some exceptions
- Homework should be completed by the student, in their own handwriting.
- Homework should be completed neatly.
- Homework should be completed to the best of your child’s ability.
- Homework will be collected every day and credit will be given for completion and general accuracy.
- Online skill practice is encouraged. Website review and enrichment assignments will be provided by teachers. Passwords are located on your child’s home folder. If a internet access or computers are not available in your home, please visit any Chicago Public Library to access assignments.
Thank you for supporting our classroom learning.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions regarding homework.