The first-grade pod will be viewing several short films at the International Children’s Film Festival on Monday, November 20th. Permission slips and fees need to be returned by Thursday, November 16th. Cost of the trip is $8.00. We will be taking a limited number of chaperones. If you are interested in joining room 104 please mark the permission slip chaperone box. I will be randomly selecting volunteer names on Thursday morning. Chaperones will be notified by email and backpack mail.
We are looking forward to having a spooktacular time celebrating Halloween tomorrow! Important Reminders:
- Costumes will be worn all day. Children should arrive at school in costume.
- No weapons or masks with costumes.
- Label all small pieces (ie: crowns, gloves, capes)
- Treats may be sent to school for take-home goody bags. All treats must be individually wrapped or non-edible
- Volunteers are welcome to help at the morning Halloween Carnival. Check in at the main office and with Ms. Caudill for directions.
November 17th- Awards Assembly (more information to follow)
November 16th- Math Test Chapter 4 (subtraction)
November 27th- November Book Report & Chapter Book Due (chapter book and activity pages sent home 11/9)
Math Ninja Quiz Thursday!
Room 104 students brought home +1 flashcards on Monday. Please practice together to prepare for Thursday’s timed test. Use IXL, flashcards, or math apps to practice addition facts 0-10 daily. We will continue to have weekly timed quizzes to master math fact fluency. Fact fluency is critical to your child’s future success in math. Upper-grade students struggling with basic math facts cannot accurately complete the long algorithms commonly found in algebra classes. Practice now to prepare your child for future learning!
To learn more about fact fluency visit:
A lottery was conducted by the administrative team to determine enrollment in the Chinese After School Program. Only 7 first graders were chosen. You will have received a paper letter and a robo-phone call to inform you of your child’s acceptance. If you have not received these messages your child will be sent home today via their usual transportation. Any questions or concerns should be directed to Ms.Caudill. ( sacaudill.cps.edu 773-534-5845)
Homeroom 104 News for October 16th-20th
1. Picture Day is Wednesday! Bring your smile! Picture order envelopes were sent home last week. Please let me know if you need a replacement.
2. Chinese Program Flyer Information- It is not too late to return the form! I apologize for the due date confusion. More information about the program will be sent home via backpack mail. Email Ms.Caudill with any questions about this wonderful opportunity at sacaudill.cps.edu
3. Halloween Carnival coming soon! Children are invited to wear costumes to this fun event. Please note that children will change into costumes after arriving at Disney and change back into school clothes after the carnival. Costumes should not include masks or weapons. Label all costume items to prevent loss.
Please note that I will be out of the classroom Thursday, October 12th to serve jury duty. I hope to be back to teaching on Friday! I will be unable to answer your emails or take phone calls. If you have any questions or concerns that cannot wait for my return please contact our assistant principal & floor director, Ms. Caudill.
PICTURE DAY IS COMING SOON!
Our class pictures will be taken on Wednesday, October 18th. If you would like to purchase photos please complete the form and return payment in the provided envelope. Picture forms & envelopes were sent home in backpacks. If you did not receive one please contact me for a replacement.